DIY Wallpaper tip for great finishes Home
DIY Wallpaper tip for great finishes
9/03/2006 posted by Kevin S
Q Whenever I wallpaper around wall fittings and fixtures
such as light switches, the finish always looks a bit ragged.
A The best way to get a good finsh when wallpapering round light fittings
or light switches is;
- Turn off the electricity to the property, we don't want you getting electricuted.
- Unscrew or remove the front of the switch from the wall, if you can, completely
remove the fixture.
- You should now have a small recess where the electrical wires go into the wall and
around the house.
- Simply paper over the hole where the light fitting was and let the paper dry as normal.
- Find where hole is, tap it with your finger gently to find the hollowed out area.
- Use a sharp knife or scissors to make a diagonal cross cut, which will allow you to fold back
the wallpaper from the inside, you can trim it back a bit if you like.
- Reattach the fitting over the hole. The edges around the light switch will now be perfectly
formed, no ragged edges in sight.